To raise $750,000 to realize our long-held vision of creating a permanent home for Telluride Adaptive Sports Program (TASP).
- The Telluride Mountain Village Owners Association has already committed to donating 1,683 square feet of real-estate located on the ground level of theCappella Building in the Mountain Village Core. The property is valued at $550,000.
- TASP closed on the unfurnished space in July 2009 and needs to raise an additional $200,000 to complete the tenant finish and relocation from its existing offices.
- Our current facilities do not support an important TASP goal of promoting independence in our students.
- Currently, we have to transport students from remote parking areas to our administrative and program offices, requiring additional volunteers, creating a dependant situation for participants.
- As a result, participants start their day frustrated, relying on others for mobility assistance. It is challenging for TASP to promote independence when we begin the day by creating a non-independent situation for our students.
In addition to easy access, our new location offers students reserved accessible parking. The new facility will allow us to operate more efficiently, enabling us to better serve our participants. It will also allow TASP to offer expanced programming to meet the demands of our increasing participant base and cultivate a growing summer program.
The new facility will allow the organization to rise to its full potential. TASP is the only regional organization offering recreational activities tailored specifically to people with disabilities. Also, TASP maintains the area’s only supply of adaptive ski and sporting equipment.
TASP anticipates 5-10 percent annual growth in overall participants and service days. In the next 3-5 years we will focus on maintaining the quality of our winter programs considering a growing student base, and on developing and expanding our summer programs. The new facility will be able to accommodate this growth much more successfully than the current office spaces.
Thank you to the following organizations who have been a vital part of TASP’s Challenge Yourself! Capital Campaign.